Whew! We’ve been doing this for a month. Although I’m disappointed that we won’t meet before school’s done for the summer, I am glad to have some clarity for the end of the school year. I’m excited to bring back “I See Colors”. It’s a beautiful song and will be a nice ending to our year. Work hard on it so it will sound just as amazing as if we were all rehearsing together.
End of Year Plan – Spring Virtual Choir Concert
Now that we know we will not be meeting again this year, we are going to slightly change directions. Here are the plans:
- We will no longer be working on “Calling All Dawns”. We will save it for another year. L If you have a previous “Calling All Dawns” related assignment you should still finish that assignment.
- We will have a Spring Virtual Choir Concert live on Zoom, hosted by me. I hope to the premier the virtual choir videos we have been working on and to announce the choir awards. The date is TBD, but it will be sometime in the final two weeks.
- The next 3 weeks we will be relearning “I See Colors” and submitting audio files for a combined choir virtual performance. Many of you might remember we learned most of it at the beginning of the year, but we didn’t perform it.
Week 5 Assignments in Canvas
There are 2 things to complete in Canvas this week:
1. Assignment: Choir Audition Form – ALL current choir students must fill out this form whether or not you plan to return to choir next year. Due: Tuesday, April 21st
2. Personal Rehearsal Assignment – Please read the instructions on Canvas. Plan to spend 15 min. a day rehearsing and relearning “I See Colors”.
Current Choir Students: Your audition will be based on your tests and performances over the course of this past school year. All current choir students need to fill out the Choir Audition Form which is your first assignment this week. Please fill out this form by Tuesday, April 21st. Please also encourage your friends not currently in choir (8th graders too) to fill out the Choir Interest Form available on the choir website: www.uintahhighchoir.weebly.com, on the main page.
New Choir Students: 8th graders and students not currently in choir need to fill out the Choir Interest Form. This form is available on the choir website: www.uintahhighchoir.weebly.com, on the main page. Students showing interest and good academic standing will be enrolled in choir. Official auditions will be held in the fall.
We may be able to put a couple more SoVoce virtual choir videos together. Email which two of the following you would like to do:
What Do I Know?, Higher Ground & When She Loved Me.
End of Year Video
Leadership is working on an End Of Year Video and needs choir photos from students. If you have choir photos, please send them to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Currently I don’t have information in regards to graduation or how you will turn in your uniforms, folders and music. Make sure you take care of your choir items and plan to turn them in when more information is available. More info to come.
Choir Video Conference
I am planning to have a video conference using Zoom on Wednesday, April 22, 2020. This will be the schedule:
Polyphony Only – 11:00-11:15am
All Choir Students visiting time – 11:15-11:45am
Luminosa – 11:45am-12:00pm
Virsonum – 12:00-12:15pm
All Uintah High Choir students are invited to attend this conference if they have any questions that they would like to ask live or if they would like to talk with Mr. Merryweather or any of their choir family. It is not required to attend the conference. It’s mainly so we can all see each other. The link to the conference will be on the choir website under the Online Choir tab.
Useful stuff again:
My email: email@example.com
My office phone: 435-781-3110 ext 2673 (I’m working mostly from home now.)
Choir website: www.uintahhighchoir.weebly.com
Canvas link: https://uintah.instructure.com/login/ldap
Get the word out about choir auditions and have people fill out the online Choir Interest Form. We want great people to join us.
Keep Singing! - Mr. Merryweather